Saturday, December 18, 2010

This week getting real about the AT/

It is strange how fast time starts to move once a goal is decide on. This last week has been such a week.
  To do the trail I have to down size and cut my expensive ( my burn rate) to the bone. I have a house that cost 95% of my retirement. This liability has to be turned into an asset. The market  is weak in Cheyenne so selling is not really an option between now and March. The tight fistted bankers have drive the rental market to a 1% vacancy rate!!  The good new is that I should have no problem renting my house this spring.

 Had a contractor in to the house this week to eye ball what needs to be done to sell/rent the house. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

To reduce my burn rate I have had to get rid of some cars. 7 vehicles is way too many for one person. Cars are like stray puppies, always finding a stray in my driveway needing to be saved. Well the 1963 and 1964 Rambler Classics have been sold and the 1989 volvo was given to my daughter. Two more to sell and  the  vehicle problem will be solved. Anyone want a 1975 MGB or a 1978 F150??
 

More later

No comments:

Post a Comment