Monday, December 27, 2010

So this is Christmas.

So this is Christmas..
 Bought gift cards and Christmas card for the extended family, it felt good to be able to Uncle Gary. The Post office has lost the package I sent to my sister in N.C. Hopefully the dog sled bring it to her house will make it this week. UGH.


Spent Christmas afternoon with my good friend Dan and his extended family. Food was good and the sprites were bright. ( no booze ). Then later in the afternoon drove to Fort Collins and had Christmas diner with my daughter Lindsay and her husband Alex and my ex wife Judi. It was a nice visit, food was good and the conversation light. Lydia is in Maine visiting her sisters there. I hope that the winter weather does not interfere with her travels.

  While I am not a believer, Christmas does invoke a feeling of hope. That in this time of great darkness and cold that the promise of rebirth, hope of a better world could feel real. If we could stop and reflect on the wonder of life and offer a gift of help to each other what a wonderful world this would be.

The thur-hike,

Well the last week was very productive! Start work on turning the house in to a rental, two bathrooms gutted. Strange how time moves both slowly and rapidly at the same time!! Two more weeks and this house should be ready for rent.

The gym work was going great, started the twice daily work out Monday then. I banged my leg into a tailer tongue Tuesday. Just think baseball bat to the shin. Looked like a softball had been shoved under my skin. Limped till Friday and made to the gym Friday morning and Saturday night. Getting hurt is not part of the plan! I  will be back in the Gym Monday morning, to much work to do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment