Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Time drags when you are hurt,,,

 Well dear readers the month of January has flown by. In my last post I told of how my leg had been hurt by walking into a trailer tongue. I had started back to the gym believe everything was healing fine. It was not fine at all! 9 days latter the leg swelled up overnight turning black and blue around the ankle and red hot along the calf! Not mind you, what any diabetic ever wants to see. A trip to the ER, with xrays and ultra sound exams found no clots! My life no longer in danger the Doc  said that the redness and heat on my calf was early cellulitis, Antibiotics were order  with the warning that this could develop into skin ulcers that would require 3 to months of wound care. The drugs where taken and I staid off the leg.  Just got the all clear from My doc today! Thanks Susie Ruxton for the clean bill of health. Now the Podiatrist Thursday to get the knees and feet cleared.

  While my leg has been healing the contractor has been rehabilitating my house. It has been slow going, this would be a good time to... or while we are at we should... for a couple more hours labor... are expensive and  time consuming word from a contractor. Though I must say everything that has been done is work that really needed to be done. It is going to a great house that I might never live in.  Hard to believe how hard normal  family wear and tear can be on a house over a dozen years! Some sheet rock, texture, title and paint and this old house is ready for another decade.  While my marriage did not survive here, this old house did shelter my family threw many a cold Wyoming winters. Tonight the temp is  -15 with a wind chill of -35,  I am typing this wear shorts and a t-shirt. Not to bad .(any body need to rent a house in Cheyenne Wy for a year?)

 I will post more about the Stroll in the Woods a little later,,,
Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment